On May 25th, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will take effect.
It impacts how all companies, big and small, collect and handle personal data about their customers.
The law is a replacement for the 1995 Data Protection Directive, which has until now set the minimum standards for processing data in the EU. GDPR will significantly strengthen a number of rights: individuals will find themselves with more power to demand companies reveal or delete the personal data they hold; regulators will be able to work in concert across the EU for the first time, rather than having to launch separate actions in each jurisdiction;
Credit: The Guardian
Repuso is working hard to become GDPR compliant, here’s what we’ve done:
- Reviewed the data we collect and store
- Deletion tools: will ensure that upon deletion request, all related data is removed promptly and completely
- Added a cookie notice on our website
- Anonymized the IP address of Google Analytics implementation
- Made sure that 3rd party vendors we’re working with are GDPR compliant